Check it out:
ARE ASL AND ENGLISH EQUALLY RESPECTED AT NTID/RIT??
STUDENTS DEMAND THE RIGHT TO BE SEEN/HEARD
1. Lack of ASL interpreters
2. Lack of ASL/English language development as part of the curriculum
3. Lack of valuing ASL skills when hiring new professors
4. ASL is not in the Strategic 2010 plan while English and Spoken communication is mentioned several times.
5. Signing in public places still scores LOW grade
6. Dormitory and plaque in AG Bell's honor (oral/ aural exclusvist)
7. Students demand the right to be seen/heard
WHEN: May 2nd, Friday
TIME: 8am - 5pm
WHERE: SDC (Student Development Center at NTID)